David J. Deming is a principal with Manier & Herod practicing in the area of workers’ compensation. Mr. Deming received his Bachelor of Science from Southern Illinois University. Mr. Deming received his Juris Doctor from Washington University School of Law.
Mr. Deming has practiced law with Manier & Herod since 1985. His practice focuses exclusively on workers’ compensation litigation, where he represents employers, self-insured employers and workers’ compensation insurance carriers in lawsuits and Department of Labor proceedings throughout the State of Tennessee. He has served as a speaker at many seminars involving workers’ compensation issues and is actively involved in the Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association where he has served as President, Vice-President, Secretary-Treasurer, and as a member of the Board of Directors.
Mr. Deming is listed in A.M. Best’s Best Lawyers of America for Workers’ Compensation Law and is designated as a U.S. News Best Lawyer. He was named as Beast Lawyers’ 2018 Nashville Workers’ Compensation Law – Employer’s “Lawyer of the Year.”
- Workers’ Compensation
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Economics
Honors and Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2013 – 2015
- Principal Author, Tennessee Workers’ Compensation (5th ed., 2018 forthcoming)
- Principal Author, Tennessee Workers’ Compensation (4th ed., 2012).
- Principal Author, Tennessee Workers’ Compensation (3rd ed., 2007).
- Speaker – Investigating, Evaluating and Negotiating a Workers’ Compensation Claim, Atlanta Claims Association Meeting, 2017 – Present
- Speaker , Workers’ Compensation Institute’s Workers’ Compensation Educational Conference, 2010 – 2017
- Tennessee Workers’ Compensation Law, Bureau’s new rules on panels, 2018 – Present
- Speaker, 70th Annual Workers’ Compensation Educational Conference, 2015 – Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association, Chair of Medico-Legal Committee
- Tennessee Bar Association Litigation Section
- Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association, Middle Tennessee Vice-President, 1991 – 1996
- Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association, Board of Directors, 2000 – 2002
- Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association, Secretary Treasurer, 2003 – 2004
- Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association, President, 2004 – 2005
- Defense Research Institute
- Southern Association of Workers’ Compensation Administrators
- Mid South Workers’ Compensation Association