David is a principal with Manier & Herod. He graduated summa cum laude from Mississippi College in 1998. In 2001, he received his Juris Doctor from the University of Tennessee College of Law, where he was a member of the Tennessee Law Review. David is a member of the Tennessee Self-Insurers’ Association, Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association, Tennessee and Nashville Bar Associations, as well as the Mid-South Workers’ Compensation Association.
Since 2003, David’s practice has exclusively involved the defense of employers and insurers in workers’ compensation claims. He has resolved hundreds of cases, influenced important legislation, tried countless contested cases, and argued appeals at the Tennessee Supreme Court and the Tennessee Court of Appeals.
David routinely conducts seminars for clients all over the southeast and has spoken at educational conferences in Tennessee and Mississippi. He also edited and contributed to the firm’s hardcover book Tennessee Workers’ Compensation, third and fourth editions.
David is also involved in his community. He’s active with the Williamson County Soccer Association, where he serves on its Board of Directors. He has coached or is currently coaching his kids’ baseball and/or soccer teams. He is also a volunteer for the National Weather Service in Nashville. In 2016, he was a recipient of the Walter J. Bennett Public Service Award given by National Weather Association.
- Workers’ Compensation
- University of Tennessee College of Law, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Mississippi College
- Principal Author, Tennessee Workers’ Compensations (4th ed., 2012)
- Principal Author, Tennessee Workers’ Compensations (3rd ed., 2007)
- Norvin v. Wauford Air Conditioning, Inc (2015)
- Speaker Basic Settlement Strategies and Other Important Things Every Adjuster Must Know About the 2013 Reform Act, 2016 – Present
- Speaker Comparing and Contrasting the “Old” and “New” Workers’ Compensation Law, 2015 – Present
- Speaker, Mississippi Workers’ Compensation Educational Association Annual Conference, 2013 – Present
- Speaker – Tennessee Workers’ Compensation Law, Brentwood Services, 2018 – Present
- Tennessee Workers’ Compensation Law, Southern Association of Workers’ Compensation Administrators Convention, 2012 – Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Mid-South Workers’ Compensation Association
- Southern Association of Workers’ Compensation Administrators
- Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute