Fred C. Statum IIIPrincipal
- Nashville, Tennessee
Fred C. Statum III is a principal at Manier & Herod specializing in civil litigation. Prior to joining Manier & Herod in 1998, he had prepared and prosecuted through trial cases involving a wide range of subjects, including personal injury, business/partnership disputes, insurance coverage, intellectual property, worker’s compensation and discrimination claims, obtaining numerous jury and bench verdicts in favor of his clients in both state and federal courts.
After joining Manier & Herod, Mr. Statum’s continuing desire to be involved in the most complex and challenging cases has led him to focus his practice on surety law (including construction payment and performance bond claims and claims involving supersedeas bonds); fidelity law (including claims involving bank fraud and employee dishonesty); employment law (including discrimination, retaliatory discharge, non-compete agreements, claims under the Human Rights Act and wage and hour claims); professional liability defense (including attorney, accountant, architect, and appraiser malpractice cases); products liability defense; general insurance defense litigation (including complex catastrophic injury, admiralty and maritime claims and premises liability); computer and data breach claims; and intellectual property (including litigation involving patents, copyrights and trade secrets). He has procured numerous successful results on behalf of his clients in each of these practice areas in both state and federal courts throughout the United States. In addition to his extensive trial experience, Mr. Statum has effectively represented many clients on appeal in both federal and state appellate courts. Mr. Statum has experience handling bench trials, jury trials, arbitration hearings, appeals, and class action claims.
Mr. Statum received his Bachelor of Science, with honors, from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville in 1986. He then received his Juris Doctor from the University Of Tennessee College Of Law in 1990.
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit
- University of Tennessee College of Law
- J.D., 1990
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- B.S., with honors, 1986
- “Lunch & Learn” on Tennessee Workers’ Compensation Law, EmployBridge, 2018 – Present
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member
- Mid-South Workers’ Compensation Association, Member