Jasmyn McCalla is an associate with Manier & Herod practicing primarily in the areas of employment law and workers’ compensation. Ms. McCalla received her Juris Doctor from the University of Tennessee College of Law in 2019, with a concentration in Advocacy & Dispute Resolution.
While in law school, Ms. McCalla served as the Symposium Editor of the Tennessee Law Review and President of the Phi Alpha Delta law fraternity. She also served on the Dean’s Advisory Council and as a student attorney with the law school’s Advocacy and Expungement Clinics. Prior to joining private practice, Ms. McCalla served as a staff attorney with the Tennessee Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board.
Ms. McCalla received her Bachelor of Arts in English Literature, from Florida Southern College in Lakeland, Florida. Ms. McCalla is admitted to practice in Tennessee and the United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee. She is a member of the Tennessee and Nashville Bar Associations, as well as a member of the Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association and the Defense Research Institute.
- Employment Law
- Workers’ Compensation
- USDC for the Middle District of Tennessee
- University of Tennessee College of Law
- J.D., 2019
- Florida Southern College
- B.A., 2014
Honors and Awards
- Recognized by The National Black Lawyers© as Top 40 Under 40 (2021)
- Author, Enhancing Justice: Reducing Bias, DICTA Well Read Book Review (February 2019)
- Author, Can I Touch Your Hair?: Hair Discrimination Should be Top Concern for Tennessee Legislature, The Tennessean (May 14, 2021)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Young Leaders Council, Class of 77
- Play Like a Girl!
- Young Professionals Network, Co-Chair