Jenna M. MacnairAssociate
- Nashville, Tennessee
Jenna Macnair is an associate with Manier & Herod practicing primarily in the areas of workers’ compensation, employment law, surety law, and general civil litigation.
Ms. Macnair received her Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, from the University of Tennessee College of Law in 2019, with a concentration in Advocacy & Dispute Resolution. During law school, she was Articles Editor of the Tennessee Law Review and a student attorney with the law school’s Advocacy and Expungement Clinics. Ms. Macnair also served as a legal research assistant focused on the area of employment discrimination. Additionally, she interned for the Tennessee Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board and the Appellate Division of the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Tennessee.
Prior to law school, Ms. Macnair has a background in human resources, working with employers ranging from high-growth tech start-ups to large food production companies. She is SHRM-CP certified and enjoys the opportunity to counsel and connect with her human resources and corporate peers in her current role.
Ms. Macnair works with employers and insurance carriers to resolve workers’ compensation claims, and she represents clients in a variety of employment litigation matters, including workplace discrimination and retaliation claims. She also counsels clients on compliance with state and federal employment laws and assists in the drafting and reviewing of internal policies and documents, including employee handbooks and employment agreements. With her unique background in both workers’ compensation and employment litigation, Ms. Macnair often advises clients on the intersection between these two areas of the law, and she is a regular speaker at industry conferences and educational training events.
Ms. Macnair also assists the firm’s surety practice group, representing sureties in matters involving miscellaneous commercial surety bonds such as notary bonds, administrator, guardian, executor, and other fiduciary bonds, and VA bonds.
Ms. Macnair is a member of the Tennessee Bar Association, Nashville Bar Association, and American Bar Association, as well as a member of the Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association, Defense Research Institute. She currently serves as Editor-In-Chief of TDLA’s quarterly publication, The Journal, and she is a graduate of TDLA’s 2020 Trial School. Additionally, she is a member of the TBA Young Lawyer Division’s Diversity Leadership Institute Class of 2019.
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee
- University of Tennessee College of Law
- J.D., magna cum laude, 2019
- Furman University
- B.A., 2012
- Co-Author, Recent Developments in Fidelity and Surety Law, Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Law Journal (Spring 2022)
- Co-Author, Who is An Employee, Fidelity Law Journal, Vol. XXVI (2020)
- Co-Author, Major Universities Become Focus of Breach of Fiduciary Duty Claims Arising out of Failure to Monitor Their 403(b) Plans, Confero, Issue 21 (Winter 2017)
- Speaker, Tennessee Workers’ Compensation Educational Conference, 2021-2022
- Speaker, Tennessee Bureau of Workers’ Compensation RTW Coordinator Training, Winter 2021, Summer 2022, Winter 2022
- Speaker, TIPS FSLC and FLA Joint Virtual Program, 2020
Professional Associations & Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association