Joshua D. Wilson is a Principal with Manier & Herod and a member of the firm’s Employment Law Group and the Entertainment, Sports, and Intellectual Property Group. His practice focuses on complex Employment Litigation, Entertainment Litigation, and Business Litigation. He has handled complex and challenging litigation matters across the country.
In the employment field, Mr. Wilson has handled all types of employment litigation matters from EEOC charges and individual lawsuits, through complex class actions and FLSA collective actions. He has litigated Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FLSA, and Equal Pay matters from inception through trial. He also has extensive experience representing companies in protecting company assets and other confidential information, including trade secrets, and handling all aspects of non-compete and non-solicitation agreements and trade secrets matters. He often works with companies in drafting and enforcing non-compete and non-solicitation agreements. He also works with clients to draft, review and revise policies and procedures in employee handbooks and conducts counseling and training programs to cover employment law topics.
In the sports and entertainment areas, he has represented athletes, artists, songwriters, managers, agents, actors, bloggers, podcasters, influencers, producers, publishers, and record labels in both transactional and litigation matters. He has been involved in some of the most high profile and complex entertainment and intellectual property matters in the country with a focus on contract disputes, royalty disputes, management agreements, publishing issues, and copyright and trademark infringement matters. Mr. Wilson has extensive trial experience in federal and state court and through arbitration.
- Civil Litigation
- Construction Law
- Employment Law
- Entertainment, Sports, and Intellectual Property Litigation
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Alabama
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- University of Alabama School of Law
- J.D., 2003
- University of Alabama
- B.S. in Accounting, 2000
Honors and Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent, Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence
- Alabama Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Mid-South Super Lawyers Rising Star
- America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators
- Bluewater Music Services Corporation, Robert Gaudio, Four Seasons Partnership, A4V Digital, Thomas Dolby, et al. v. Spotify USA, Inc.
- Golden Crown Publishing, LLC v. Sony Music Entertainment, et al.
- Christopher Robinson et al. v. Def American Recordings et al.
- Pettibone v. WB Music Corp.
- Michael Rapaport v. Barstool Sports, Inc.
- Tailgate Beer, LLC v. Boulevard Brewing Co.
- F.S. Sperry Co., Inc. v. RIG, et al.
- G.R. v. Round Hill Music
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Tennessee State Bar
- Alabama State Bar
- Nashville Bar Association