Laurenn S. Disspayne is a principal with Manier & Herod practicing litigation and specializing in workers’ compensation. She received her Bachelor of Arts from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of Tennessee College of Law where she was a member of the Tennessee Law Review. Ms. Disspayne served as Judicial Clerk to the Honorable Robert S. Brandt, the Honorable C. Allen High, and the Honorable Irvin H. Kilcrease, Jr., Davidson County Chancery Court following law school.
Mrs. Disspayne focuses exclusively on workers’ compensation litigation, both trial and appellate work, and she represents employers, self-insured employers, and workers’ compensation insurance carriers throughout the State of Tennessee. She is a veteran in the courtroom and has argued before the Tennessee Supreme Court and Special Workers’ Compensation Panel. She has additionally served as a speaker at seminars involving workers’ compensation issues. She is a member of the American Bar Association, Tennessee Bar Association, Nashville Bar Association, Defense Research Institute, Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association, and Mid-South Workers’ Compensation Association. Ms. Disspayne was a contributor to the third and fourth Editions of Tennessee Workers’ Compensation: The Essential Guide. Ms. Disspayne was commissioned as a Kentucky Colonel in 1992 by the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- Workers’ Compensation
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee
- University of Tennessee College of Law
- J.D., 1992
- University of North Carolina
- B.A., 1989
- Principal Author, Tennessee Workers’ Compensations (4th ed., 2012)
- Principal Author, Tennessee Workers’ Compensations (3rd ed., 2007)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association
- Mid-South Workers’ Compensation Association
- Defense Research Institute