Dr. Patricia Till’s practice focuses on international business transactions, commercial litigation, insurance and surety litigation. With her admission to the German bar and broad connections to European countries, she advises clients in cross-border corporate and commercial litigation matters. She received her German Juris Doctor in 1996 from the Justus-Liebig University in Giessen, Germany. She received her Dr. iur (Ph. D.), magna cum laude, in 2000. She graduated from Wayne State University in Michigan with an LL.M. in Corporate and Finance Law in 2002.
Dr. Till is a guest lecturer for international finance and trade at the Economics Department at the University of Wisconsin at Parkside. Further, she lectured about European Union environmental law at the Marquette University Law School.
- Surety Law
- Tax, Business and Commercial
- Germany, 1999
- Michigan, 2004
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court District of Nebraska
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- Wayne State University Law School, Detroit, Michigan
- LL.M., 2002
- Justus-Liebig University
- Dr. iur. (Ph.D.). magna cum laude, 2000
- Justus-Liebig-Universitat Giessen Fachbereich Rechtswissenschaft
- J.D., 1996
- Speaker – Bonding in Europe, Asia, the Middle East (ABA Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section, Fidelity and Surety Law Committee Mid-Winter Meeting 2017)
- Tax Optimization in Cross-Border Matters; Decisions of the European Court of Justice and the EU Treaty influence company taxation, Handbuch der Internationalen Steuerplanung (International Tax Planning Handbook), Corporate Finance Magazine (July 2000).
- Zwischenstaatliche Amts- und Rechtshilfe, Kapitalertragsteuer im Europäischen Vergleich (Withholding Tax and Enforcement within certain European Countries).
- Various essays regarding Tax Law, DSTZ (Deutsche Steuer Zeitung), a periodical for Tax Law published in Germany.
- Speaker – Bonding in Europe, Asia, the Middle East, ABA Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section, Fidelity and Surety Law Committee Mid-Winter Meeting, 2017 – Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- The Oakland County Bar Association, Member
- Bar Association of German Lawyers, Stuttgart, Member