Sarah Hardison ReisnerPrincipal
- Nashville, Tennessee
A native Nashvillian, Sarah Hardison Reisner is a principal with Manier & Herod practicing in litigation and specializing in Workers’ Compensation Law for over 25 years. Mrs. Reisner received her Bachelors of Arts and graduated magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from The University of Richmond in 1991. After working in the Outstanding Scholars Program at the U.S. Department of Education for two years in Washington D.C. (1991 – 1993), she earned her Juris Doctor from the University of Tennessee College of Law in 1996. While in law school, Mrs. Reisner was a member of the Constitutional Law Moot Court team, a Student Materials Editor on the Tennessee Law Review, and she co-authored a published article on Constitutional Law in Tennessee.
Mrs. Reisner is regularly asked to present on Workers’ Compensation Law at the annual Tennessee Bureau educational convention. She is also a regular speaker at the annual Workers Compensation Institute (WCI) educational convention in Orlando. In 2022, she was nominated for the Tennessee Bureau’s “Sue Ann Head award for “Excellence in Workers’ Compensation” and named one of 3 top finalists. She is co-author of the firm’s published book, “Tennessee Workers’ Compensation: The Essential Guide”, with a newly released Fifth Edition of the publication. Mrs. Reisner represents Employers, self-insured Employers, third-party administrators, and insurance carriers throughout the State of Tennessee on the defense and handling of their Workers’ Compensation claims and is a frequent speaker to client groups and professional organizations on topics related to Tennessee Worker’s Compensation Law.
A veteran in the courtroom, Mrs. Reisner is an active member of the American Bar Association, the Tennessee Bar Association, the Nashville Bar Association, the Defense Research Institute, the Tennessee Defense Lawyers’ Association, the Mid-South Workers’ Compensation Association, and the Downtown Rotary Club of Nashville.
- University of Tennessee College of Law
- J.D., 1996
- University of Richmond
- B.A., magna cum laude, 1991
- Co-authored – “Tennessee Workers’ Compensation: The Essential Guide,” 4th Edition published in 2011
- Co-authored – “Constitutional Law – First Amendment Overbreadth Doctrine – Older Minors and Adults’ Access Rights to Constitutionally Protected Material Published by Tennessee Law Review, 1995
- Speaker – “Today in Tennessee: The Workers’ Compensation Review” on Workers’ Compensation Claims in Tennessee, TN Workers’ Compensation Educational Conference, June 2023
- Speaker – “Lunch & Learn” on Tennessee Workers’ Compensation Law, American Airlines, 2018 – Present
- Speaker – “Lunch & Learn” on Tennessee Workers’ Compensation Law, EmployBridge, 2018 – Present
- Speaker – “Lunch & Learn” on Tennessee Workers’ Compensation Law, Brentwood Services, 2018 – Present
- Speaker – “Lunch & Learn” on Tennessee Workers’ Compensation Law, ESIS, 2018 – Present
- Speaker – Advanced Workers’ Compensation Seminar, 2015 – Present
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member
- Nashville Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association, Board Member