Tommy C. Estes is a principal with Manier & Herod practicing extensively in the tax and corporate areas of the law with special emphasis on estate planning and tax planning for closely-held corporations and medical groups. Mr. Estes received his undergraduate degree from the University of Tennessee in 1973 and his law degree from Memphis State University in 1978. Mr. Estes received his license as a Certified Public Accountant in 1976.
Mr. Estes was admitted to the Tennessee Bar in 1979. Mr. Estes is a member of the Nashville, Tennessee and American Bar Associations, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Nashville Estate Planning Council and the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel.
Mr. Estes has been named a Mid-South Super Lawyer in the area of Estate Planning & Probate since 2007.
- Estate Planning and Probate
- Tax and Business Succession Planning
- Tax, Business and Commercial
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee
- Memphis State University School of Law
- J.D., 1978
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee
- B.S., 1973
Honors and Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America©, 2007 – Present
- Super Lawyers, 2007 – Present
- An Estate of Confusion: Estate Tax Projections for 2010 and Beyond (International Financial Group John Hancock Third Quarter Conference, 2010)
- The New Installment Saltes Act, TENN. BAR J. (February 1981)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Nashville Estate Planning Council
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, Fellow
- Estate Planning Council of Middle Tennessee, President, 1994 – 1995