Manier & Herod attorneys James Tucker, Sarah Reisner, and Laurenn Disspayne are scheduled to present at the 25th Annual Tennessee Workers’ Compensation Educational Conference on June 14-16, 2023, at the Embassy Suites in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
This presentation will have a “talk show” format and feel and will include a panel of attorneys representing the Defense side/perspective and the Plaintiff’s side/perspective. The goal of the presentation is to walk the attendees through the life of a Workers’ Compensation Claim from the very beginning of the claim with the focus on with trying to move the claim forward to a reasonable and final conclusion in a timely fashion. Topics discussed will include:
- Beginning of the claim, Recorded statement, documents to be sent to the injured worker
- Claims investigations and decisions on compensability
- Panel requirements and the new medical panel with Telehealth option
- Denial of claims, filing Notice of Denial, C23 Form
- Wage statement and average weekly wage calculations – when are weeks included? What constitutes earnings?
- TTD/TPD benefits
- Settlement of Initial Benefits
- Enhanced Benefits – how do we calculate?
- Penalties and why would an Employer be referred for penalties? When would Plaintiff’s counsel be referred for penalties? What are grounds for referral? Who decided if penalties are appropriate? What is the dollar range of penalties assessed?
- What do you do when claims are reassigned?
- How to avoid a Workers’ Compensation Claim turning into and EEOC charge and/or protracted Employment litigation
For more information about the schedule for the 24th Annual Tennessee Workers’ Compensation Educational Conference and to register for the conference, please click here.